- A large candle blessed and lit on Holy Saturday and placed by the altar until Pentecost.More example sentences
- If we have not extinguished the paschal candle on Ascension, we may do so during the reading from Acts as the Holy Spirit roars through the assembly.
- Easter Sunday celebrations this weekend will start at 9.30 am with the lighting of new fire and a procession with the paschal candle, followed by a sung Eucharist.
- Everyone looks forward to the helium balloon ‘cloud’ suspended high over the paschal candle.
More definitions of paschal candleDefinition of paschal candle in:
- The US English dictionary