noun (plural passeggiate /-teɪ/)
- (Especially in Italy or Italian-speaking areas) a leisurely walk or stroll, especially one taken in the evening for the purpose of socializing.More example sentences
- Lucca is so laid back it soothes the senses on even the bleakest day, its inhabitants contriving to make the passeggiata (evening stroll) of other Italian towns seem almost dynamic.
- Here, folks stop to ‘take a coffee’ in one of the town's many piazzas, or public squares, as well as chat with friends during the nightly passeggiata, or evening stroll.
- The passeggiata, or evening stroll, is an exquisite ritual.
More definitions of passeggiataDefinition of passeggiata in:
- The US English dictionary