- Decorative trimming such as tassels, braid, and fringing, used on furniture and clothing (e.g. military uniforms).More example sentences
- The pair's work, reviving the ancient art of passementerie - decoration using fringing, trimming and braiding - is reflected in their home.
- Likewise, the two-part leaded mirrors and the French crimson silk curtains, decorated with gold-threaded passementerie, were reproduced from their description in the 1759 Gaillard inventory of the grand salon.
- The elaborate passementerie incorporates the appropriately nuptial imagery of ribbons and bows.
early 17th century: French, from passement 'braid'.
More definitions of passementerieDefinition of passementerie in:
- The US English dictionary