noun (plural passers-by)
- A person who happens to be going past something, especially on foot: the raiders fled when disturbed by a passer-by he leaned out of the window and waved at passers-byMore example sentences
- We are urging passers-by to be observant and have an extra pair of eyes without putting themselves in danger.
- Police believe the attack could have been witnessed by dozens of passers-by who failed to raise the alarm.
- They have also urged two passers-by who may have witnessed a man and girl near the scene of the incident to come forward.
More definitions of passer-byDefinition of passer-by in:
- The US English dictionary