noun (plural same)[mass noun]
- An aniseed-flavoured aperitif: he took a large swallow of pastis [count noun]: he drank three pastisMore example sentences
- A number of licorice - flavored liqueurs such as anisette, pastis and ouzo are made with anise seed.
- Anethole, the principal essential oil in the seeds, is what gives the flavour to drinks such as the French pastis, ouzo in Greece, and arak in Turkey; and this use has been dominant in modern times.
- Fennel, like liquorice, dill, tarragon, ouzo and pastis, is something you love or hate.
More definitions of pastisDefinition of pastis in:
- The US English dictionary