- An official letter from a bishop to all the clergy or members of the diocese.More example sentences
- A historical and theological analysis beginning with Leo XIII's Rerum Novarum in 1891 and going through this pontificate, with special attention to the pastoral letters of the U.S. bishops.
- Without further qualification, his position will guarantee that the bishops' pastoral letters will not move hearts and minds.
- I felt right at home, for example, with the U.S. bishops' pastoral letters on the economy, nuclear arms, and capital punishment.
More definitions of pastoral letterDefinition of pastoral letter in:
- The US English dictionary