- A children’s game in which participants gently clap their hands in time to the words of a rhyme.More example sentences
- Hip-hip hurray - by the time he's a one-year old, your baby will be able to clap his hands together, so you can play games such pat-a-cake or just clap along to music.
- From peek-a-boo to chess, from pat-a-cake to baseball, games occupy a central role in the lives of most children from infancy to adolescence.
- The four began seated on wooden boxes facing each other and started what looked like a super-advanced game of pat-a-cake.
More definitions of pat-a-cakeDefinition of pat-a-cake in:
- The US English dictionary