- 1An aromatic oil obtained from a SE Asian shrub, which is used in perfumery, insecticides, and medicine.More example sentences
- You can also add 5 drops of patchouli essential oil, which is a great antimicrobial and deodorant.
- For a sensuous bath, try sandalwood, rose, ylang-ylang, patchouli, neroli or jasmine.
- Most essential oils are clear, but some oils such as patchouli, orange and lemongrass are amber or yellow in color.
- 2The strongly scented shrub of the mint family from which patchouli is obtained.
More example sentences
- Pogostemon cablin, family Labiatae
- For example, patchouli and thyme have a dark color; lavender has a light, golden hue; and rosemary is clear.
mid 19th century: from Tamil pacc̣uli.
More definitions of patchouliDefinition of patchouli in:
- The US English dictionary