- Regard or treat as psychologically abnormal: most of the older theories pathologize same-sex attractionMore example sentences
- ‘It's important that we don't pathologize Aboriginal people,’ she adds.
- We need to take psychiatrically labeled people in our communities seriously, not patronize or pathologize them.
- They cannot champion gun ownership or housewifery because their theories pathologize those choices.
- More example sentences
- He did not reference the discourses of religion, psychiatry, or biology - discourses that have historically been integral to the pathologization of homosexuality.
- I'm torn over the pathologization of high-tech interruptions.
- What is important to keep in mind is that the pathologization of sexual deviance is everywhere and at all times a function of power enacted over pleasure.
More definitions of pathologizeDefinition of pathologize in:
- The US English dictionary