- One’s native country or homeland: they remained faithful to their patria, SpainMore example sentences
- Individual Spaniards, whether living in Spain or abroad, usually think of the patria (the fatherland) not as the entire nation, but rather as the area of the country where they were raised.
- They were patriots because they said that this is our patria, our country, our land which we work with our hands.
- When the insolent boot of the invader sets foot on the sacred soil of the patria, etc., they will have to deal with the Reserves.
More definitions of patriaDefinition of patria in:
- The US English dictionary