noun[treated as singular]
- The branch of Christian theology that deals with the lives, writings, and doctrines of the early Christian theologians.More example sentences
- And the tradition of patristics teaching being fed into current theological discussion is also showing signs of renewal.
- His core scholarly work has been in patristics and the history of spirituality, with major works on Arius and St. Teresa of Avila.
- Indeed, if anything, I'd like to see a deeper engagement, including more patristics.
More definitions of patristicsDefinition of patristics in:
- The US English dictionary