- 1.1 • technical Open; expanded.More example sentences
- Apnea, snoring, unusual sleeping positions, daytime somnolence, obesity and a patulous uvula with erythema are all associated with obstructive sleep apnea.
- Other theories include the ‘sniff theory’ proposed by Magnuson in which sniffing in the presence of patulous Eustachaian tube results in air being ‘sucked out’ of the middle ear.
- In contrast, SFT is characterized by a less even distribution of blood vessels that are variably angulated or thin walled and patulous.
early 17th century: from Latin patulus (from patere 'be or lie open') + -ous.
More definitions of patulousDefinition of patulous in:
- The US English dictionary