(On a website) an arrangement whereby access is restricted to users who have paid to subscribe to the site.
- Being a former medical professional I can tell you locking up research info behind paywalls is a heinous crime!
- Assuming this rate holds, you can turn 1,000,000 daily visitors into 50 paying visitors with a paywall.
- Recap is not the first to liberate these documents from behind the paywall.
- Example sentences
- Don't bet on iPad apps being a saviour for expensive magazines, paywalled newspapers, etc. any time soon.
- I can't get at the full report, as Piper Jaffray has it paywalled and sells it to customers.
- If A Blogger Links To The New Paywalled NY Times, And It Leads To A Subscription, Will The NYT Pay The Blogger?
Definition of paywall in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.