- A sum of public money which becomes available for other purposes when spending on defence is reduced: the peace dividend from the end of the Cold WarMore example sentences
- This need for global reach is a dimension of national security where the peace dividend that many sought with the end of the Cold War has proved elusive.
- That's equivalent to four pence on income tax - wait till you see the peace dividend from ending this war.
- Beyond this, the end of the cold war would bring a peace dividend both financial and political.
More definitions of peace dividendDefinition of peace dividend in:
- The US English dictionary