Definition of peace offering in English:
1A propitiatory or conciliatory gift: he took the flowers to Jean as a peace offering
More example sentences
- No, the flowers are a gift and a peace offering.
- It was a peace offering, and as we ate, I began to realize that he wasn't enjoying my company any more than I was enjoying his.
- I'm aware that my replacement has already been selected, and I think a little peace offering can be made.
2(In biblical use) an offering presented as a thanksgiving to God.
- To understand something of the intense, elevating experience that bringing an offering must have been, let's take a look at a typical offering: the peace offering.
- The peace offering was an offering that established and celebrated fellowship between God and His people.
- As he takes out his dagger to do God's will by sacrificing his son as a peace offering to God, just then out comes a lamb.
Definition of peace offering in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan