Definition of peace offering in English:
1A propitiatory or conciliatory gift: he took the flowers to Jean as a peace offering
More example sentences
- No, the flowers are a gift and a peace offering.
- It was a peace offering, and as we ate, I began to realize that he wasn't enjoying my company any more than I was enjoying his.
- I'm aware that my replacement has already been selected, and I think a little peace offering can be made.
2(In biblical use) an offering presented as a thanksgiving to God.
- To understand something of the intense, elevating experience that bringing an offering must have been, let's take a look at a typical offering: the peace offering.
- The peace offering was an offering that established and celebrated fellowship between God and His people.
- As he takes out his dagger to do God's will by sacrificing his son as a peace offering to God, just then out comes a lamb.
Definition of peace offering in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.