Definition of peacekeeping in English:
noun[usually as modifier]
The active maintenance of a truce between nations or communities, especially by an international military force: the 2,300-strong UN peacekeeping force
More example sentences
- Twenty thousand American marines are stationed in East Africa as part of a United Nations peacekeeping force.
- Some Royal Nepal Army personnel have served in United Nations peacekeeping forces.
- They have also been part of the United Nations peacekeeping forces in Cyprus and, more recently, Bosnia.
- Example sentences
- British troops were helping beleaguered United Nations peacekeepers.
- The United Nations has put peacekeepers here to maintain security, but now the UN is on its way out.
- If the United Nations sends in peacekeepers, they will face great challenges keeping order in the region.
Words that rhyme with peacekeepinggreenkeeping
Definition of peacekeeping in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan