- A male peafowl, which has very long tail feathers with eye-like markings that can be erected and fanned out in display.More example sentences
- It should be noted that a peacock is a male peafowl and a peahen is a female peafowl.
- Male peacocks shed and re-grow tail feathers each year.
- For instance, male peacocks not only have a long tail, but they are brightly colored and have eye spots, a crest on their head, spurs on their feet, and a mating call.
Middle English: from Old English pēa (from Latin pavo) 'peacock' + cock1.
More definitions of peacockDefinition of peacock in:
- The US English dictionary