nounNorth American • informal
- The top gallery in a theatre where the cheaper seats are located.More example sentences
- She observed that planthoppers in the peanut gallery would lift a foot or two, presumably for better hearing: the other feet, bearing more weight, thus became more sensitive to vibration.
- When Kate next saw Holly it was from the peanut gallery.
- I can already hear ten thousand asthmatic cries of disbelief rising in the peanut gallery.
More definitions of peanut galleryDefinition of peanut gallery in:
- The US English dictionary