- Peas.More example sentences
- The famous soup which Rumford devised for feeding the poor of Munich in the workhouse was ‘a soup composed of pearl barley, pease, potatoes, cuttings of fine wheaten bread, vinegar, salt, and water, in certain proportions’.
- Instead their masters gave them half-a-dozen pints of coarse flour, rice, or pease, and half-a-dozen herrings.
- Her plate contained some slices of cold chicken, cold potatoes, and a dollop of pease.
Old English pise 'pea', (plural) pisan, via Latin from Greek pison. Compare with pea.
More definitions of peaseDefinition of pease in:
- The US English dictionary