noun[mass noun] (also peatlands)
- Land consisting largely of peat or peat bogs.More example sentences
- Peat-free products are those which are not sourced from the natural peat bogs and peatlands.
- Preliminary calculations suggest peatland could become carbon generators if global temperatures continue to rise, drying out the peatlands.
- Where and how water is situated within wetlands, especially peatlands, is controlled by physical characteristics of the peat.
More definitions of peatlandDefinition of peatland in:
- The US English dictionary