- (In vertebrates) the skeletal framework which provides attachment for the forelimbs or pectoral fins, usually consisting of the scapulas and clavicles.More example sentences
- The pectoral spine moves in the pectoral girdle to create sound.
- In amphibians the inner ear is mechanically coupled to the pectoral girdle through the operculum.
- They plainly retained a keeled sternum and a robust pectoral girdle.
More definitions of pectoral girdleDefinition of pectoral girdle in:
- The US English dictionary