noun(usually pectoral muscles)
- Each of the four large paired muscles which cover the front of the ribcage and serve to draw the forelimbs towards the chest.More example sentences
- For example, you might do consecutive sets of the chest press and seated row, first working the pectoral muscles in the front, and then the latissimus, rhomboids and trapezius in the back.
- Benches are followed by another pressing movement, then dumbbell flyes, to better isolate the pectoral muscles without involving the front delts and triceps.
- The stretches done on the ball are primarily for shoulder flexion, the chest and pectoral muscles, and the back.
More definitions of pectoral muscleDefinition of pectoral muscle in:
- The US English dictionary