- A chemical used to kill lice.More example sentences
- Now there's a new approach to head lice: it's non-toxic, dry-on pediculicides that suffocate and kill the little critters.
- Growing resistance to many of the pediculicides commonly used to treat head lice may contribute to the recently noted increase in cases of infestation.
- The treatment of head lice is now complicated by the emergence of resistance to pediculicides.
early 20th century: from Latin pediculus 'louse' + -cide.
More definitions of pediculicideDefinition of pediculicide in:
- The US English dictionary