- Each of the second pair of appendages attached to the cephalothorax of most arachnids. They are variously specialized as pincers in scorpions, sensory organs in spiders, and locomotory organs in horseshoe crabs.More example sentences
- The second pair of appendages, the pedipalps, resemble walking legs.
- The thick, hairy appearance of the spider's pedipalps - its frontmost appendages - indicated it was a male.
- Besides their unusually long and dangerous tails, scorpions also differ from other arachnids in having large pedipalps.
early 19th century: from modern Latin pedipalpi (plural), from Latin pes, ped- 'foot' + palpus 'palp'.
More definitions of pedipalpDefinition of pedipalp in:
- The US English dictionary