- An instrument for estimating the distance travelled on foot by recording the number of steps taken.More example sentences
- Often worn at the waist, the simplest pedometers measure only steps and distance, recording steps by sensing body motion.
- All you need is a pedometer to count your steps, a pair of good walking shoes and enough space to get on the floor for your exercises.
- She monitors her own physical activity daily with a pedometer and averages 14,000 steps/day.
early 18th century: from French pédomètre, from Latin pes, ped- 'foot'.
More definitions of pedometerDefinition of pedometer in:
- The US English dictionary