verb (pees, peeing, peed)[no object]
- 1Urinate: the puppy was peeing on the carpetMore example sentences
- We wonder why the dogs always drink out of our toilets, but look at it from their point of view - why do humans keep peeing into their water bowls?
- I drank massive amounts of water and peed very little.
- You teach your kitten to fetch, and two days later he's chewing your slippers to bits and peeing on the carpet, one leg in the air.
- 1.1 [with object] (pee oneself/one's pants) Urinate involuntarily (often used to suggest loss of self-control through fear or hilarity): Mom just about peed herself laughingMore example sentences
- My previous dog would practically pee herself with fear if I said ‘No!’
- I just about peed myself, I was laughing so hard.
- I laughed until I almost peed my pants at Fred Mitchell's weekly column today.
noun[in singular] Back to top
- 1An act of urinating: she was bursting for a peeMore example sentences
- When I got home, I messed about for a bit and went to take a pee.
- Even if you walked into the men's room to take a pee.
- Little boys occasionally take a pee when they can't contain themselves.
- 1.1 [mass noun] Urine.More example sentences
- I've had to steam clean the walls because they were brown with smoke and the place absolutely stank of pee.
- Sheba's young man is never more than a peripheral figure in Barbara's account, a crude and insensitive boy ‘with lank hair the colour of pee.’
- Consequently you end up with a load of unwanted, unnecessary tat like a novelty stand for your mobile phone, an after-shave that smells like cat pee, or a six-pack of socks in fluorescent, lime green.
- Annoyed; irritated.More example sentences
- She looked really rather peed off but it made for a nugget of great telly.
- I have rambled about the paltry, small stuff that is my life today and I still can't work out whether to be totally peed off, or nauseatingly Pollyanna about it all.
- I was a little peed off with them, to be truthful.
late 18th century: euphemistic use of the initial letter of piss.