- A game played with a young child, which involves hiding and suddenly reappearing, saying ‘peekaboo’.More example sentences
- I would stay up late at night watching movies with the 5th graders, chase around the toddlers, and play peekaboo with the infants.
- Is there anything better than playing peekaboo with a baby?
- Laughing and playing peekaboo on the settee with his mother, Sidney pretends to be shy but then turns on a radiant smile for the camera.
adjective[attributive] Back to top
- 1(Of a garment) made of transparent fabric or having a pattern of small holes: a black lace peekaboo dressMore example sentences
- For a casual night out for the society girl-on-the-go, his red mohair plaid strapless dress with peek-a-boo velvet bow and mini pouf hem detailing of pleated lace and tulle sets the right tone for the evening.
- He tapped his nose and said, ‘Look after him’ to the grey girl with peek-a-boo underwear.
- Fragonard's famously teasy painting of The Swing is re-created with the addition of a tribal peekaboo dress.
- 1.1(Of a hairstyle) concealing one eye with a fringe or wave.More example sentences
- Many Cancers love peek-a-boo hairstyles that flow and move like a silken drape of hair.
- The short peekaboo has softened her look, but you wonder how it was ever perceived as hard in the first place.
More definitions of peekabooDefinition of peekaboo in:
- The US English dictionary