noun[mass noun] Computing
- The exchange of data directly between Internet service providers, rather than via the Internet.More example sentences
- Public peering is a means for internet service providers to send and receive traffic destined for one another's networks.
- Finally, VoIP peering will only be beneficial if the carrier can bill for the transpired calls.
- Even the staunchest advocates of end to end VoIP are quick to admit that voice peering is not the norm today.
More definitions of peeringDefinition of peering in:
- The US English dictionary