Definition of peerless in English:
Unequalled; unrivalled: a peerless cartoonist
More example sentences
- And while other artists might explore similar ground, the particular glory of Paterson's work is its peerless perfection.
- But Real's peerless record goes beyond all that, their manifold achievements in the game as a whole transcend jealousy.
- You experience a thriving mix of Maori, forestry, arts and crafts, a champion Maori rugby team, Tolaga Bay knitwear, peerless beaches and matchless surf.
incomparable, matchless, unrivalled, inimitable, beyond compare, unparalleled, unequalled, without equal, unmatched, beyond comparison, second to none, unsurpassed, unsurpassable, nonpareil;
- Example sentences
- The game gradually fizzled as Killie sat on their lead and Livingtson were unable to pierce the defence, led peerlessly once more by Freddie Dindeleux.
- Sister Cora Hayes, who has peerlessly served the parish for 45 years, saw her outstanding contribution recognised at the weekend.
- This is not to denigrate their contribution - no doubt they are carrying out their assignments peerlessly.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan