- A high-quality black tea made from young leaves.More example sentences
- The researchers credit L-theanine, an ingredient found in black, green, oolong and pekoe teas - but not in herbal teas, which usually don't contain Camellia sinensis, the one true tea plant.
- The amino acid L-theanine, found in black, green, oohlong, and pekoe teas, stimulated T-cells, the body's first line of defense.
- She even stopped shaking after her silver-needle pekoe tea.
early 18th century: from Chinese dialect pekho, from pek 'white' + ho 'down' (the leaves being picked young when covered with down).
More definitions of pekoeDefinition of pekoe in:
- The US English dictionary