- another term for bivalve.More example sentences
- Fossils include foraminiferans, brachiopods, echinoids, pelecypods, cephalopods, shark teeth, fish vertebrae, as well as asteroids, gastropods, a pterosaur, a nodosaurid, and decapods.
- Found along with the cephalopods are gastropods, pelecypods, echinoderms, and vertebrate bones.
- The bulk of the collection is gastropods and pelecypods.
late 19th century: from modern Latin Pelecypoda (alternative class name), from Greek pelekus 'hatchet' + -podos 'footed'.
More definitions of pelecypodDefinition of pelecypod in:
- The US English dictionary