- (In rugby, hockey, etc.) a goal scored from a penalty: the home side managed to close the gap with a penalty goalMore example sentences
- He ran and tackled hard, and he kicked a couple of penalty goals with that trusty boot of his.
- It wasn't long before the Barbarians reduced the deficit with a penalty goal.
- The match was then in the balance for quite a long while, with the opposition kicking a penalty goal to take the score to 8-5.
More definitions of penalty goalDefinition of penalty goal in:
- The US English dictionary