1A person or thing that penetrates something.
- Thus even restraint of cross-ownership of newspapers and TV - which those of us in diversity's ranks thought a lost cause - may be carried along in the wave of resentment against the 45-percent-of-TV-audience penetrators.
- Now, it is practically free for military and arms manufactures and is used in tank armor and extensively in armor-piercing shells known as depleted uranium penetrators.
- In this respect, gay men can't take what straight couples so easily take for granted; the immediate assumption that one partner will act as the sexual penetrator while the other partner will act as the receiver.
1.1A missile containing a hard alloy rod, designed to penetrate the armour of tanks or fortifications.
- The BK - 29 round, with a hard penetrator in the nose is designed for use against reactive armor, and as an MP round has fragmentation effects.
- Although heavier than the heaviest World War II bomber, the B-47 was designed to be a medium-range penetrator with approximately a 3,500-nm range.
- The M829A3 is the latest generation kinetic energy round and has an improved penetrator design and propellant.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: pene|tra¦tor
Definition of penetrator in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.