- An instrument for determining the consistency or hardness of a substance by measuring the depth or rate of penetration of a rod or needle driven into it by a known force.More example sentences
- Fruit firmness, as determined by penetrometer, measures the force required to press a blunt-ended probe into the tissue.
- Toughness is often measured with a penetrometer, a device which forces a circular flattened rod through leaf lamina.
- In this study, the penetration depth of the penetrometer into the soil was chosen to be 6mm, which is a little larger than the radius of the miniature cone.
More definitions of penetrometerDefinition of penetrometer in:
- The US English dictionary