noun (plural same or pengös)
- The basic monetary unit of Hungary from 1927 until 1946, when it was replaced by the forint.More example sentences
- The worst example in modern times was in Hungary where, by 1946 you'd have needed 130 million trillion ‘pengös’ to match the spending power of just one pengo 15 years earlier.
- Budapest offered to pay instead a certain amount of pengös.
- The number of flats with rents below 300 pengös was still around 30 percent of the total.
Hungarian, literally 'ringing'.
More definitions of pengöDefinition of pengö in:
- The US English dictionary