Definition of penman in English:
noun (plural penmen)
2A person who writes with a specified degree of skill: this talented penman’s work
More example sentences
- The most swift and tireless penmen appeared to keep the arm on the desk at all times and formed their letters with little or no motion of the fingers - a free and tireless style of penmanship.
- Fraktur were also produced by scriveners (professional penmen), artists, and possibly by stonemasons.
- The reading they seek is not that of the Divine Author but of the penman.
- While the bloggers and muckrakers sweat it out in every nook and corner with a wireless signal, the well-paid penmen are in luxury suites tapping their manicured fingers in front of twenty-inch flat screens.
- I'm one penman in their stable of travel writers - tell the good readers where to spend their vacation time.
Definition of penman in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia