noun (plural penmen)
2A person who writes with a specified degree of skill: this talented penman’s work
More example sentences
- The most swift and tireless penmen appeared to keep the arm on the desk at all times and formed their letters with little or no motion of the fingers - a free and tireless style of penmanship.
- Fraktur were also produced by scriveners (professional penmen), artists, and possibly by stonemasons.
- The reading they seek is not that of the Divine Author but of the penman.
- While the bloggers and muckrakers sweat it out in every nook and corner with a wireless signal, the well-paid penmen are in luxury suites tapping their manicured fingers in front of twenty-inch flat screens.
- I'm one penman in their stable of travel writers - tell the good readers where to spend their vacation time.
Words that rhyme with penmanpenmen
Definition of penman in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.