- 1The art or skill of writing by hand: exercises in penmanshipMore example sentences
- These penmanship skills were part of both boys’ and girls' education.
- What interests me in this conversation is the attitude towards conformity and individuality, and the resistance that the idea of universal penmanship skills raises.
- Writing them out may have been partly an exercise in penmanship - he employed the flourishes of someone who is proud of a newly acquired skill - but the Rules were also obviously meant to be learned.
- 1.1A person’s handwriting.More example sentences
- Her eyes sped across the paper, taking in every letter of her cramped penmanship.
- Her professors used to tease her about her careful penmanship, told her all real doctors had illegible scrawl, but she would just smile and tell them patients appreciate knowing what their prescription slips actually said.
- That physical link - from the writer's heart and pen through the courier's hand to your own - gave a life to letters, and an intimacy born of penmanship and pensiveness.
More definitions of penmanshipDefinition of penmanship in:
- The US English dictionary