Less common term for pennant.
More example sentences
- Each ‘man’ in the target also holds a pennon for windage.
- Built of bright white stone and rose-cream tile, its towers had soared to the skies, golden pennons snapping from tall spires in a display of flamboyant self-assuredness.
- The voices of the crew began to overlap and layer on top of one another, a rising cacophony of co-ordinated sound, moving the vast airship towards a tall tower that flew a proud pennon.
- More example sentences
- However, it is possible that such leggings, as well as pennoned spears were used in the Mycenaean sphere before that time.
Definition of pennon in:
- The US English dictionary