Definition of penny wise in English:
Extremely careful about the way one spends even small amounts of money: we’re all penny wise these days
More example sentences
- The ubiquitous banners used for public functions and the painted boards preferred by penny wise advertisers are slowly making way for computerised graphics and digital printing.
- penny wise and pound foolish
- Careful and economical in small matters while being wasteful or extravagant in large ones.Example sentences
- It is very much a case of penny wise and pound foolish, if the Government persists in its present anti-forestry policy.
- Are local self-bodies exercising their right to be penny wise and pound foolish?
- Not paying them well is penny wise and pound foolish.
Definition of penny wise in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.