- Extremely careful about the way one spends even small amounts of money: we’re all penny wise these daysMore example sentences
- The ubiquitous banners used for public functions and the painted boards preferred by penny wise advertisers are slowly making way for computerised graphics and digital printing.
penny wise and pound foolish
- Careful and economical in small matters while being wasteful or extravagant in large ones.More example sentences
- It is very much a case of penny wise and pound foolish, if the Government persists in its present anti-forestry policy.
- Are local self-bodies exercising their right to be penny wise and pound foolish?
- Not paying them well is penny wise and pound foolish.
More definitions of penny wiseDefinition of penny wise in:
- The US English dictionary