- Entitling to or qualifying for a pension: women over pensionable ageMore example sentences
- In defined benefit schemes, a member accrues pension benefits based on their service, the amount of pension accrued for each year of service and their pensionable salary.
- If you are a member of an occupational scheme, you are entitled to a maximum of up to 1.5 times your final pensionable salary, depending on your years of service.
- For individuals in occupational pension schemes the maximum contribution you can make is 15 per cent of your pensionable salary.
- More example sentences
- Although there was some suggestion the rate would be examined and pensionability would be discussed, none of the proposals were firm.
- Meanwhile, talks between teachers' unions and the Department of Education on the issue of pensionability broke down yesterday as both sides failed to hammer out an agreement on the contentious issue.
- The issue of pensionability was a key thorn in the side for two other unions which have already voted on the deal.
More definitions of pensionableDefinition of pensionable in:
- The US English dictionary