noun (plural pensioni /-ni/)
- A small hotel or boarding house in Italy.More example sentences
- Expect to pay around 12 to 20 euros for a youth hostel, 25 to 45 euros for a basic pensione or small hotel, and around 70 to 120 euros for a mid-range hotel.
- In the Cinque Terre, seasoned travellers know to wait for the next train before they say yes to accommodation; some hotels and pensioni are uncomfortably close to the tracks.
- Most towns have hotels and small, family-run pensioni, as well as tourist offices that provide detailed information about local room rates and availability.
More definitions of pensioneDefinition of pensione in:
- The US English dictionary