noun (plural pentahedra /-drə/ or pentahedrons)
A solid figure with five plane faces.
More example sentences
- Whereas the tetrahedron is composed of four triangles, the pyramid (or pentahedron), which looks a lot like it, is composed of four triangles and a square - the base.
- You can also have an Egyptian pentahedron square-base pyramid.
- Then the pyramids are cut by silhouettes into a set of pentahedrons, which together constitute the centripetal pentahedron model of the visual hull.
- More example sentences
- There are two topologically distinct pentahedral graphs which, through duality, correspond to the skeletons of the square pyramid and triangular dipyramid.
- I noticed that it was closely related to the pentahedral prism packing.
More definitions of pentahedronDefinition of pentahedron in:
- The US English dictionary