- A polymer comprising five monomer units.More example sentences
- Gel analysis of recombinant clones showed that inserts contained all kinds of oligomers up to pentamers with dimers and trimers being most abundant.
- The number of contacts per residue was calculated for the monomers, the pentamers, and the icosahedrons.
- In such cases, the chance of having all five sites in the pentamer occupied by acceptors increases.
- More example sentences
- Here, we concentrate on the case of the pentamers being distributed in a plane, as would be the case if we were examining pentameric ion channels confined within a lipid membrane.
- One of the most distinctive characteristics of this enzyme is that it is found in different species in two different quaternary structures, pentameric and icosahedral, built from practically the same structural monomeric unit.
- In a more recent report, a pentameric toroid-type magainin pore was proposed that consisted of one dimer and three monomers.
More definitions of pentamerDefinition of pentamer in:
- The US English dictionary