- A prism having a five-sided cross section with two silvered surfaces, giving a constant deviation of all rays of light through 90°, used chiefly in the viewfinders of single-lens reflex cameras.More example sentences
- DSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflex) by definition have optical viewfinders, usually consisting of a instant-return mirror and a pentaprism.
- I was just looking through my junk bin over the weekend and I found that I have a number of pentaprisms taken out of 35mm SLR cameras.
- Pros, from what I've read, is that mirror pentaprisms are lighter, can be made smaller to save space, and are cheaper to manufacture than glass pentaprisms.
More definitions of pentaprismDefinition of pentaprism in:
- The US English dictionary