A herbaceous or shrubby plant of north temperate regions, which has long been cultivated for its showy flowers.
- Genus Paeonia, family Paeoniaceae
More example sentences
- Put stakes and supports in place for tall, herbaceous plants, like peonies and delphiniums.
- He purchased and planted about 1,000 herbaceous peonies and planted them in Charlottesville, Virginia, where he leased land from his brother-in-law.
- Lift and divide overcrowded clumps of perennials, including campanulas, daylilies, hostas, peonies, sedums, and Shasta daisies.
Definition of peony in:
- The US English dictionary