- (In North America) an electronic device used to record the television viewing habits of a household so that the information obtained can be used to compile ratings.More example sentences
- All the industry cares to track with a device called people meters is audience viewing patterns for the benefit of advertisers.
- Nielsen Media Research has announced it will begin installing local people meters in 600 Boston households in September.
- That could change if people meters show higher viewership levels for cable.
More definitions of people meterDefinition of people meter in:
- The US English dictionary