- 1The dried berry of a climbing vine, used whole as a spice or ground to make pepper.More example sentences
- Yet the spices used are all familiar to us: curry leaf, fenugreek, cumin, cardamom, turmeric, coriander, cinnamon, nutmeg, black peppercorn, garam masala, dried chilies, ginger and garlic.
- There is also a sort of pepper called decorticated black pepper which has had the skin of the peppercorn removed by machine and is therefore white.
- Add the sliced potatoes, boil thoroughly and put the browned carrot, onion, parsley, bay leaf, peppercorn, garlic and celery in the broth.
More definitions of peppercornDefinition of peppercorn in:
- The US English dictionary