- Relating to digestion, especially that in which pepsin is concerned: peptic activityMore example sentences
- Helicobacter pylori is believed to be a major causative agent of human peptic disorders including chronic gastritis and ulcers.
- In the rabbits given human gastric juice, peptic activity was detected in the lavage fluid in 8 of 8 animals at 15 minutes, 6 of 8 at 30 minutes, and 5 of 8 at 60 minutes.
- However, studies have not found a link between alcohol consumption and peptic ulcers, and drinking decaffeinated coffee produces the same amount of acid secretion as its caffeinated counterpart.
mid 17th century: from Greek peptikos 'able to digest'.
More definitions of pepticDefinition of peptic in:
- The US English dictionary