1For each (used with units to express a rate): he charges £2 per square yard
More example sentences
- Her respiratory rate was 36 breaths per minute with rapid and shallow breathing.
- The only evidence of the cost of repainting was expressed in terms of a rate per square metre.
- The charge of this card per minute is a little bit higher than the monthly subscription model.
Latin, 'through, by means of'; partly via Old French.
- In accordance with: made as per instructionsMore example sentences
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles as per pack instructions, then drain, reserving some of the cooking liquid.
- Two years ago, I bought a tree fern and potted it as per instructions.
- The road was not widened in the last 15 days as per the police's comment in the report.
as per usual
- As usual.More example sentences
- This summer, as per usual, they were a main attraction at gigs up and down New Zealand.
- And, as per usual with any politician, the data appears to have been cherry-picked to create the worse possible scenario.
- I'd been at a party, and had a few drinks, as per usual.
Definition of per in:
- The US English dictionary