1For each (used with units to express a rate): he charges £2 per square yard
More example sentences
- Her respiratory rate was 36 breaths per minute with rapid and shallow breathing.
- The only evidence of the cost of repainting was expressed in terms of a rate per square metre.
- The charge of this card per minute is a little bit higher than the monthly subscription model.
- In accordance with: made as per instructionsMore example sentences
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles as per pack instructions, then drain, reserving some of the cooking liquid.
- Two years ago, I bought a tree fern and potted it as per instructions.
- The road was not widened in the last 15 days as per the police's comment in the report.
as per usual
- As usual.Example sentences
- This summer, as per usual, they were a main attraction at gigs up and down New Zealand.
- And, as per usual with any politician, the data appears to have been cherry-picked to create the worse possible scenario.
- I'd been at a party, and had a few drinks, as per usual.
Latin, 'through, by means of'; partly via Old French.
Words that rhyme with perà deux, agent provocateur, astir, auteur, aver, bestir, blur, bon viveur, burr, Chandigarh, coiffeur, concur, confer, connoisseur, cordon-bleu, cri de cœur, cur, danseur, Darfur, defer, demur, de rigueur, deter, entrepreneur, er, err, farceur, faute de mieux, fir, flâneur, Fleur, force majeure, fur, hauteur, her, infer, inter, jongleur, Kerr, littérateur, longueur, masseur, Monseigneur, monsieur, Montesquieu, Montreux, murre, myrrh, occur, pas de deux, Pasteur, pisteur, poseur, pot-au-feu, prefer, prie-dieu, pudeur, purr, raconteur, rapporteur, refer, répétiteur, restaurateur, saboteur, sabreur, seigneur, Sher, shirr, sir, skirr, slur, souteneur, spur, stir, tant mieux, transfer, Ur, vieux jeu, voyageur, voyeur, were, whirr
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: per
Definition of per in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.