Definition of perfectionism in English:
1Refusal to accept any standard short of perfection.
- That is the cornerstone of his epic career, his attention to detail, his innate perfectionism and his belligerent refusal to be beaten, whatever the opposition.
- You might even get a handle on your perfectionism by doing a short stint with a psychologist.
- Women driven by impulsive behavior and perfectionism have higher odds of developing both problems.
1.1 Philosophy A doctrine holding that perfection is attainable, especially the theory that human moral or spiritual perfection should be or has been attained.
- The spiritual perfectionism of her system has dual aspects: metaphysical and moral.
- When we forget that our longing for the good and the true is grounded in the beautiful, the spiritual life degenerates into moralism and perfectionism.
- Nor did perfectionism sustain an essentialist notion of the self; instead, it often contested it in order to conceive of the self as intersubjective, formed in response, traced by the words of others.
Definition of perfectionism in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.